A Guide To Starting And Building A Business (Part 5)Kehinde LAWAL
Hi Fam 😍😍😍!!!
Welcome to Part 5, the final part of the frequently asked questions(FAQ) on how to start and build a business. I believe you’ve all learned a lot on what to do and what not to do when growing your business.
FAQ About Starting And Building A Business (Part 5)
• I have been in business now for six years and my business doesn’t seem to be growing. It’s even slowing down. What should I do? Come up with ten ideas a day about new services your business can offer. Try to get a customer for each new service. I know one business in this situation that refuses to do this because their VCs are telling them to focus more. You’re going to go out of business otherwise.
• Is it unethical to run my business from the side while still at my job? I don’t know. Did God tell you that in a dream?
• My customer called me at 5 p.m. on a Friday and said, “We have to talk” and now I can’t talk to him until Monday. What does it mean? It means you’re fired.
• XYZ just sold for a $100 million. Should I be valued at that? I’m better! No, you should shut up.
• Investors want to meet me and customers want to meet me. Who do I meet if I need money? You should know the answer to that by now.
• If an acquirer asks me why I want to sell, what should I say? That you feel it would be easier for you to grow in the context of a bigger company that has experienced the growing pains you are just starting to go through.
• I just started my business. What should I do? Sell it as fast as possible (applies in 99 percent of situations).
• If you’re so smart why aren’t you a billionaire? Because I sold my businesses early, lost everything, started new businesses, sold them, and got lucky every now and then.
• Should I even start a business? No. Make money. Build stuff. Then start a business.
Finally, we’ve come to end of the frequently asked questions about starting and building a business. My advice is that you should go back to part 1 and re-read all the FAQs again. This will make it stick further in your head, and prevent you from making the same mistakes that cost others their business and money.
Never take it for granted…
Want more tips! You can download the full eBook here. And if by any means you’ve benefited from this post, kindly share it with us in the comment box below 👇.
Good Luck Fam!!!