– Operates in 6 Countries and growing.
– Fund your account with Bank Transfer, Credit Card and Paystack.
– One of the most trusted and secure Crypto Exchanges in Africa.
– Great for beginners!
Other Lessons will have guides for more exchanges to expand your access to more altcoins and features, but this is where I would start!
1. Click here to register on LUNO using our referral LINK: https://luno.fl9beu.net/qdJmn.
2. Press the ‘Sign up’ button (in the top right corner) and enter your email address, password and country.
3. Once you hit the “Sign Up Button” LUNO will send you a mail to verify your account.
Go to your email and click on "confirm email address" (as seen below).
4. Once you have verified your email address, you will be able to log in to LUNO and see your Dashboard. However, you will need to verify your account by clicking on the “Get Started” tab.
5. To verify your account you must supply a phone number, upload an image of your photo ID and submit your bank account statement before you can buy any of their supported assets.
6. Once you have entered all your information LUNO will approve or deny your verification within 2 business days. Kindly login after a day and click on settings in the left Navigation to confirm if your account have been approved.
7. Once your account is approved, you can now receive, buy and send bitcoin by clicking "wallet" in the left navigation bar. In LUNO we have three types of wallets namely; BTC, Ethereum and Naira Wallet.
- Your Naira wallet allows you to deposit and withdraw funds.
- Your BTC wallet allows you to buy, send and receive BTC.
- Your Ethereum Wallet allows you to buy, send and receive Ethereum.
8. Next, you will need to fund your account. Click the deposit button below your NGN Account to start the funding process. The PAYU option is advisable if you want to credit your account with your credit card. However, go with Paystack if you're doing bank transfer.
Both PAYu and Paystack deposit option are immediate funding.
9. Once you've funded your account using PAYu or Paystack, you can now buy bitcoin or Ethereum. Navigate to 'Wallet' under the left navigation menu. Then choose bitcoin or Ethereum wallet.
- Simply select bitcoin wallet.
- Then choose to buy with Naira/NGN.
- Lastly, Hit enter the amount in Naira and confirm your purchase.
Congratulations! You have started your journey in the Cryptocurrency Asset Class!
10. I would recommend enabling 2 factor authentication (2FA) for additional security.
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Security”
- Click “Enable Authenticator”
11. I recommend downloading the Google Authenticator App on your Smartphone (IOS or Android). Then follow the prompted instructions from LUNO, as seen in the image below.
12. That’s it! Your LUNO Account is all set up and secure. You have now started building your Crypto portfolio and you are well on your way to understanding this new asset class!