Today’s highlights: Bitcoin holds above $10,000
- Crypto market mixed: The cryptocurrency market was mixed over the past 24 hours, as 5 of the top 10 cryptos were in the red at the time of writing. Bitcoin fell around 0.6%, holding just above the $10,000 mark.
- Asian markets mixed: Markets in the East went in different directions this morning. While the HKG50 and JPN225 indices were seen higher at the time of writing, the China50 index registered losses.
- Oil shows slight losses: After registering impressive gains yesterday, oil prices registered small losses today. The Crude Oil Inventories report will be released in the US today at 14:30 GMT, potentially generating volatility for the black gold’s prices.
- Gold holds near 6-year high: The precious metal registered losses yesterday, however, recession fears and US-China trade tensions served as support, keeping gold price levels near the 6-year highs recorded earlier this week.
- Autodesk plunges after-hours: Shares of software giant Autodesk dropped 10% after hours, following a statement in which the company said that the ongoing US-China trade war may damage its business.
- Europe opens lower: The UK100 opened 8 points lower, the GER30 was down 7 points and the FRA40 opened 11 points lower.