How To Register A Business Name In NigeriaKehinde LAWAL
Registering a business is quite easy if you can follow the required procedures needed to have a standard organization. In Nigeria, the organization that handles business registration is the Corporate Affairs Commission(CAC). They provide guidelines, forms, and adequate information through their official website(new.cac.gov.ng/home). And the funniest thing is that you can handle all the business registration process on their website without having to leave the comfort of your house.
Steps to register a business name or company in Nigeria with CAC
- Check for availability of proposed company name (click here). Read more about name reservation and Reserve a new Name (click here)
- Complete pre-registration form – CAC1.1 (Online using Company Registration Portal)
- Pay filing and Stamp duty fees Check the Fees for our Services here
- Steps 1-3 can be completed on COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP)
- Prepare the signed scan copy of your pre-registration documents for upload as follows:
- Form CAC1.1
- Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
- Recognized form of identification for Director(s)/Subscriber(s) and Secretary
- Evidence of payment to CAC
- Upload the scanned documents for processing. (click here)
- Submit the original copies of the documents uploaded at step 6 (Form CAC1.1, MEMART, etc) to the CAC office you had selected in exchange for your certificate and the Certified True copies of the documents.
Conclusively, you can start your company registration and get your business name reserved within 2 weeks by using the official CAC website. You don’t need to pay any 3rd party agent.
If you would like us to help you out with the entire process at a token some of ₦10,000 kindly call us(+234 810 824 6834) or use the contact box below: