Asking questions is by far the easiest way to build connection and rapport with new people.
And incase you’re finding it difficult to carry on with building good connection and network, then you need to change the type of questions you ask.
Below are the top 6 questions you should be asking if you want to stop being unfamiliar and build meaningful connections.
Steib’s 6 universal questions for encouraging others to open up more about their work:
1. Tell me about the business model — who pays whom and who is delivering value to whom?
2. What advantage do you offer over your competitors that get customers to choose you?
3. What drew you to work in this particular industry?
4. How big a piece of the overall business is your division?
5. Are there new technologies affecting your business?
6. It sounds like you’ve been successful? What makes someone unsuccessful in the role? What’s your favorite part of your job and why?